The corner building, 3368 Second Avenue, was built in 1906 by the prominent Percy H. Goodwin family. In the photo, Mrs. Goodwin is watering her newly planted grass, shortly after they moved in. (This photo can be found on the wall of the first floor waiting room of the 3368 building.)
The building next door at 3356 Second Avenue was built circa 1908.
Vintage West Properties, LLC, the Owner of the Property, is managed by the Ray Family. The property was acquired in 1970 and 1976 and extensively improved in 1971, 1976, 1989 and 2016.
The project received several awards, among them:
The Gold Nugget Award of Merit for the Best Conversion from Residential to Commercial Use by the Pacific Coast Builders Conference.
Excellence in Design and Planning Grand Award from “Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.”
The Builders Choice 1981 Grand Award. The judges called the project a “superb example of adaptive use that provides contemporary office space yet respects the original structures and restores their outstanding features.”